- What You Need To Know About Installing Jetpack Site Stats on your WordPress site
- Deep Dive Group – Moving Forward
- Deep Dive Discussion — Effective Web Content Creation and Management
- Understanding the Ins and Outs of WordPress Metadata
- eCommerce for Your WordPress Site
- eCommerce Start to Finish
- Notes: 8/6/13 WordPress Meetup: Advanced Fun(ctionality) with Gravity Forms (ADV)
- Notes 4/23/13 WordPress Meetup: Make WordPress your Career!
- Notes: 4/17/13 WordPress Content Meetup “15 Minutes of Fame”
This month’s Deep-Dive Discussion, lead by H. Sandra Chevalier-Batik, focused on the tools and processes available to help you develop and implement an effective web content creation and management strategy for your WordPress site. Our discussion focused on the problem all site owners and managers face after developing a great looking website — “feed the beast” syndrome. We talked about how to produce steady streams of content that engages their site visitors and site owners them build their “On-Line Tribe.”
You can access the side deck at:
Problems we addressed included, how often should we update the content on our site’s ‘static’ pages; what can we do to add some dynamic content to our static pages to keep the search spiders coming back; content audits, why do we need one, and how to do it? Sandi discussed both offline and online tools and resources to help brainstorm topics for your site’s blog, produce the kind of content that will engage and build your on-line community, and ways to use that content to your build your Tribe of followers. We addressed the styles of written content that are most effective, mobile-friendly, formats, and discussed the increasing importance of photos, video and MP3 content.
For additional notes you can check out a previous blog Sandi posted addressing Best Practices for Content Development and Management at: http://handsonwp.com/knowledge-base/best-practices-effective-content-creation/