Navigating your dashboard and admin panel
- Logging in to your site (http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin)
- Dashboard and Admin panel features
- Pages & Posts
- Adding media files (images, video, etc.) and accessing media library
- Categories, tags, links
- Users (see http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities)
- As time permits: basics of design/functions: plug-ins, widgets, themes
Other useful info:
WordPress.com or WordPress.org
If you are building a website and want to have creative control over the site, including access to all WordPress themes (or your own design), plugins and stylesheets, we recommend you do a self-install either by installing via your host or downloading from WordPress.org. See WPBeginner’s infographic for more info.
Every server/hosting company will have a different process to install WordPress. The folks at WordPress.org recommend a number of companies that optimize for WordPress and make installation simple. For those who need to install WordPress on their own server, visit the Codex entry on Installing WordPress.
- WordPress Austin Google Group (great place to get help with WordPress here in town)
- “Using WordPress” (Jackie’s site)
- WordPress Codex (WordPress.org encyclopedia of WordPress)
- WordPress Support Forums